Terms and Conditions
By purchasing goods from triffidnurseries.co.uk you enter a legally binding agreement with us on the following terms. You should read and understand these terms because they affect your rights and liabilities. These terms describe the basis for purchase by you and sale by us of the products described on this web site.
1. Definitions and interpretation
In these terms the following words have the following meanings.
the contract for the sale and purchase of the Goods;
the range of plants, seeds and accessories (including any instalment of the goods or any parts for them) which are available for purchase from our web site in accordance with the terms;
the Web Site
our presence on the world wide web, currently accessible via the address www.triffidnurseries.co.uk;
the Seller, we, or us
Triffid Nurseries ( and our website, www.triffidnurseries.co.uk currently based at Great Hallows, Stoke Ash, Suffolk, IP23 7ET. UK).
2. Basis of the sale
- An agreement for us to sell you Goods is made on these terms when we accept an order made by you via our Web Site. The description of the Goods,the price, insurance and delivery costs are detailed on the web site. There is no minimum order.
- We aim to give you a clear idea of the nature of the plants and seeds that we sell. However, you appreciate that there are inevitably slight variations in size, shape and colour between different specimens. Illustrations, descriptions other information as to particular plants are approximate and for guidance only. We may in our sole discretion from time to time vary the nature of the Goods from that advertised without notice to you, so long as these variations are not material alterations.
- All photographs on our web site show typical examples of the species/hybrids/cultivars in question and are meantfor illustrative purposes only. They do not represent pictures of the actual plant despatched.
3. Details of the order
- The quantity, size and description of the Goods will be those set out in your order (if accepted by us).
- Orders are accepted at our sole discretion but are normally accepted if the Goods are available, the order reflects current pricing and your credit or account card is authorised for the transaction (when paying via our secure online Worldpay Basket feature).
- We only send plants to UK and EU destinations. Seeds however are despatched worldwide provided your countries Importation Laws and Regulations allow their entry. Please check with your Importation Authority before placing any seed order. Triffid Nurseries are not responsible for any seeds impounded or destroyed by Customs or International Importation Authorities.
4. Price of the Goods
- If the price of the Goods increases between the date we accept your order and the delivery date, we will let you know and ask you to confirm by e-mail that the new price is acceptable. If it is not acceptable then you will of course have the option of cancelling the order.
- Our charges for transport, packaging and insurance are detailed on the order page and will be included in the total price for the Goods.
5. Cultivation and Nomenclature
- All plant material is cultivated and propagated under artificial conditions. No plants sold are wild-collected.
- Although we take every precaution to guarantee the exact species and genus of our seeds, mis-identification may still occur. Please contact the Nursery should this occur. email@example.com
- We will deliver the Goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate. Please be precise about where you would like the Goods left if you are out when we deliver. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the Goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions.
- Orders will be despatched usually within 7 working days of receipt of your order at the Nursery.
- All plants (except Pygmy Sundews due to their delicate root systems) are shipped bare-rooted. Please ensure that you have the correct Carnivorous Plant Soil Mix ready and waiting to pot up your bare-rooted plants when they arrive.
- Plants are sent using either Hermes Tracked or Royal Mail 1st Class. Seeds are sent by Royal Mail 1st Class.
- We will aim to deliver within the quoted time frame but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, we will contact you to advise you that the delivery date will have to be extended.
- Please notify us within 14 days if you have any problems with your order.
7. Risk and ownership
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods passes to you at the time of delivery to you or, if you fail to take delivery at the agreed time, the time when we tried to deliver.
- You will only own the Goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full.
8. Returns/Options to cancel
- Returns. Please click here to read our Returns Policy
- Cancellations. Please click here to read our Returns Policy and/or click here to download our Cancellation Form
- We aim to provide high quality plants, seeds and products to our customers. Accordingly, we warrant that where the Goods are products and not already covered by a manufacturer's guarantee, they will meet their specification and will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of delivery. Where the Goods are hardy plants, we warrant that they are covered by a one year guarantee. If the plant should die of natural causes up to one year after they have been delivered, we will replace it free of charge (although we will have to charge for delivery). We further undertake that they will be in good condition at the time of delivery and will be of the type ordered, or if that type is not available we will let you know by email and, if possible, suggest a suitable alternative which is available. If you do not want the alternative suggested, you will be entitled to order another plant, credit or cancel your order, depending on your preference. For seeds we prefer our customers to list a few suitable alternatives/substitute seed species when placing an order. Please use the appropriate Substitutes section on the order form to let us know your alternatives. In the event that no alternatives have been listed, then we will contact you to discuss a possible replacement,refund or credit depending on your preference.
- The availability, price and colour of plants we sell to you may vary according to seasonal and market availability. If there have been any material variations, you will have the option of cancelling your order.
- If you have a valid claim in respect of any of Goods which is based on any defect in their quality or condition or their failure to meet specification in accordance with the Contract, and you have returned the Goods within a reasonable time, you will be entitled to choose either a refund of the price of the Goods or replacement Goods free of charge.
- We shall not be liable to you in connection with any contract, in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise for any loss of profit, anticipated savings or data that your business may suffer.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- We will continually improve the Goods, so changes to them may be made at any time. We will use reasonable commercial endeavours to keep the Web Site up to date but the information and specifications given are for your information only and are subject to change without notice.
- It is our responsibility to supply you with Goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations, please contact us.
- We assume no responsibility for the contents of any other web sites to which this Web Site has links.
11. Matters out of our control
- We will not be liable to you or in breach of the Contract for delay or failure to perform due to a cause beyond our reasonable control.
- All of the written, photographic, design and audio content of the Web Site together with the selection and arrangement of it and all software compilations are our copyrighted property or that of the people who have granted to us the right to use it and is protected as such. All rights reserved.
- None of this material may be used without our written permission. You may download or print a single copy for your own non-commercial off-line viewing.
- Triffid and Triffids are Registered UK Trademarks owned by us. Any unauthorised use of a trade mark is unlawful.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this Web Site and these terms at any time.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of our service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails to you will be to the address you specify to us. It is important that you give us an accurate and valid e-mail address and contact telephone number and tell us of any changes to them.
- If either we or you fail to enforce a right under these terms, that failure will not stop us or you from enforcing the other rights, or the same type of right on a later occasion.
- To the extent that any provision of these terms is found by any court or competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that provision will be deemed not to be a part of these terms, it will not affect the enforceability of the remainder of these terms nor will it affect the validity, lawfulness or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- The headings in these terms are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
17. Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms will be governed by English law and any disputes will be resolved exclusively by the English Courts.
Customers of Triffid Nurseries are usually delighted with the size and quality of our plants, the viability of our seeds and the overall high quality of service provided. If however, any customers are not satisfied we will do everything we can to put things right and resolve any outstanding issues.
If you change your mind about anything you order you can cancel the order up to 14 working days after the Goods have been delivered. Please see our Returns Policy for further details.